GRE is a Flat and flexible Drupal Theme. This theme is built for professionals and agencies working in Real Estate sector. It can also be used for Corporate, Portfolio, eCommerce sites and Creative agencies. GRE has many unique features.
Setup and implementation
GRE is created over an installation profile, so you don't need to do much to get it working. Following steps will guide you through the installation process.
1. Extract the zip file on your web server. It includes all you need to get it working, so don't worry about any other files handle.
The location of your installation depends on the kind of server you're using. I mention some examples here you may be:
- In case you're using a local XAMP on Windows, the server root folder is C:\xampp\htdocs\
- In case you're using a local AppServ on Windows, the server root folder is C:\Appserv\www\
- In case you're using a local MAMP on OSX, the server root folder is Aplications/MAMP/htdocs/
- In case you're using a remote/local WebServer on Linux, the server root folder usually is /home/user/public_html/
Once you extract it, you can change the name of the folder.
2. Using a web browser, navigate to your folder/domain/subdomain where the extracted GRE's folder was created..
I'll use as example the name "gre" due to the default folder. It would be on
"http://localhost/gre" in case you installed it locally or
"http://yourdomain.com/gre" in a remote installation.
3. Select GRE as your installation profile on the "Select an installation profile" page and then click "Save and Continue".
4. Select your language on the "Choose language" page and then click "Save and Continue" by default, the theme is English based.
5. Setup your database info on the "Database configuration" page and then click "Save and Continue". If you haven't created it yet, do it via phpMyAdmin or any other MySQL configuration app. Once you continue, the installation process will begin.
Please, be a little bit patient.
6. Configure your site basic info on the "Configure Site" page and then click "Save and Continue". Wait a little bit, until all GRE's features are configured.
7. GRE instalation was a Success!
For security purposes, it's recommended that you delete profiles/gre_profile/gre_base.sql, or move the gre_profile profile folder out of your webroot.
Now you can visit your new site.
To customize your website, you should visit the theme configuration page: admin/appearance/settings/gre
Change Site Logo
This is one of the first things you'll want to do when you have GRE installed. Here I show you how:
1. Browse to admin/appearance/settings/gre
Scroll down to the section named "Logo image settings".
2. Browse for your logo file locally. Once you find it, select it, and click “Save Configuration” at the bottom of the page. It will be uploaded to your webserver and will replace the default one.
Change theme appearance
If you want change the appearance of your website, you can use the file located in /sites/all/themes/gre/css/custom.css to add your custom css code.
Drupal is a powerful cms, so Managing content must be very easy:
Creating a New Property
To create a new Property, just follow these steps:
1. Browse to node/add/property
2. Fill in the form by the Property informations
3. Once you're done filling all details Just Save!
Creating a New Agent
An agent is a user with “agent” role, so to create a new Agent, just follow these steps:
1. Browse to admin/people/create
2. Fill in the form by the “agent” informations
3. Once you're done Save!
Your agent can now login and add properties or articles ...
Creating a New Blog article
To create a new blog article, just follow these steps:
1. Browse to node/add/article
2. Fill in the form by the “article” informations
3. Once you're done Save!
The SlideShow is a view block, to edit it:
1. Brows to admin/structure/views/view/slideshow/edit
3. You can choose the transition effect by clicking on Format > Settings
Add a new slide item
A home page slideshow is a selection of properties, for adding a new one:
1- when you are creating a new property or updating existing one, set “Add to slide” field to yes
2- Upload an image for use as slide : 1900px X 600px
Your visitor can enquire about any property with the form "Enquire Now", a rule will send an email to your agent and attach an enquiry entity to the property.
The agent can consult the list of enquiry below the property when he is logged in.
The map in contact page is displayed by a view, to edit it browse to admin/structure/views/view/company_location/edit
To define your own location, browse to node/84/edit and select your location.
Editing the contact form
To edit the contact form, just follow these steps:
2- Browse to admin/structure/block/manage/block/7/configure and edit the message under the map.
2- Browse to admin/structure/block/manage/block/8/configure and edit the address.